Coronavirus (COVID-19) 9th March 2020
Rugby Recruitment are members of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) and they have advised members to make available our policy relating to the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) epidemic.
Coronavirus is a challenging health issue and the government and health experts are constantly reviewing the situation. As such, while this guidance is up to date at the time of writing – it will be updated as and when any changes are required.
This relates to where Rugby Recruitment place permanent candidates or supply temporary staff to our clients.
- Advice from the FCO (foreign and commonwealth office) which particularly relates to anyone travelling to or back from countries and areas affected by the virus.
- An updated list of countries/areas that are affected and advice about actions to be taken when returning to the UK form those places.
- Guidance issued by Public Health England and the Department for Health.
Additional guidance is likely to be added to the gov.uk website.
At the time of writing the common symptoms are:
- Respiratory symptoms
- Fever, cough
- Shortness of breath
- Breathing difficulties
The current guidance is to:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
If you feel unwell or if you may have been in exposed to the Coronavirus, please dial 111.
If you have put any specific policies in place to manage Coronavirus risks in their workplace, please let Rugby Recruitment know and this will be shared with all agency workers on assignment.
If a member of staff has been exposed to Coronavirus, please inform Rugby Recruitment.
If an agency worker has travelled to an affected area, please inform Rugby Recruitment. The countries and regions that are categorised as ‘affected areas’ are being updated regularly on the governments website.