To provide 1st line Help Desk Support to all employees and customers and support the IT Manager in the day to day IT projects, support and administration duties.
The applicant must be enthusiastic about IT, enjoy a challenge and must want to learn and improve their IT skills. Ability to work as part of a busy and dynamic IT Department, with good interpersonal skills. Training will be provided onsite for the right candidate.
Nature and scope
• Completing support calls via the phone and email and assisting in day to day IT
related work to ensure a continuous high level of customer service is provided.
• Assist users with basic hardware and software issues and escalate more complex calls to the IT manager or External IT support team.
• The role may require some UK travel to other sites within the business along with some weekend and out of hours work as required.
• This role will require the ability to deal across functions, from shop floor personnel through to and including, main board of directors of major customers and our own internal organisation
• Telephone IT Support for all end users both onsite and remote
• Office administration – Quotes, IT statistics, Asset documentation
• Set-up Desktops / Laptops – Hardware Installation
• Support on Windows 7 and Windows 10 for end users
• Support Users on Office 365; advise on usage and best practices
• External supplier liaison to help resolve internal issues
• IT Project and System Testing
• Phone system and Mobile phone support
• Ad-hoc IT duties as required
(minimum requirements to be able to perform the job effectively/successfully) Desirable/Advantageous
Education & Training • An Interest in
Suit IT Graduate
• Educated to GCSE grade C or above in Maths and English • College or School IT Qualification.
Skills & Experience • Basic Knowledge of Excel and
• Basic Knowledge of Windows operating systems
• Methodical and logical approach to problem solving
• Confident Telephone Manner
• Willingness to learn new skills and improve IT knowledge • Working knowledge of a CRM System
Interpersonal & Behavioural Skills
• Customer centricity – must have the ability to think beyond the status quo in order to ensure the organisation exceeds our customers’ expectations; well spoken, confident and assertive
• Energetic individual who will deliver
• Tenacity – will always strive to achieve goals
Salary range – £20,000 – £25,000 per annum – Depending on experience
Office hours – Monday – Friday
25 days annual leave + 8 Stat Bank Holidays
Excellent company benefits
Location – Rugby
(Car driver essential)